Tuesday 24 March 2015

Get Healthy

If you are like me who wakes up late to work and skip breakfast every day, then this post is for you. Bad food habits like skipping morning breakfast, eating heavy outside food in the lunch, junk foods in the evening and a late non-vegetarian dinner changed my healthy body to an unhealthy one. 

I started facing severe health concerns like constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, weight gain and thyroid problems. The doctor said all this was a welcome from unhealthy lifestyle. Doctor suggested me to change my lifestyle and see the differences with some medicines to support for time being. I was totally devasted and could not face my parents back at native who keeps calling me to come back home as I am not taking good care of myself in the city. 

Being a software engineer, my life demanded to run fast others to succeed. My life was not balanced completely. I had to compromise on sleep and health to get success on my projects. Being from a small town where I used to be treated like a king of the house to work in a city with no relatives and good care was very difficult. 

I stayed in a hostel with few colleagues, we used to come late from work and the mess would be closed, so end up having briyani or kushka or parotta from small road side shops. In the morning, by the time we wake up the mess would be half closed or we won't have the time to eat as the cab would arrive. For lunch we have a delicious big meal to satisfy our taste and hunger for the entire day. Could I change this lifestyle? Could I make easy and healthy nutritious breakfast for myself? 

I found the answer which changed my lifestyle energetic, nutritious and filled with flavour. The answer was near me all these days but I failed to notice. One of our cab mate "Shakshi" would bring many snacks box to keep her full and healthy all day at office. I have seen guys teasing her, but she never cared and possessed a great body. I was curious to find what she was eating on the way to office. I switched seats with a friend and started talking with her. I quickly learned she is no different from me. She gets up very late too and runs for the cab from home. So her mom made sure she eats healthy and packs her these small boxes. 

I felt jealous of her while she shared some Apple Cornflakes Pancake made from Kellogg's. It was so delicious that I wanted to finish her whole box but preferred to stay calm. I told her how lucky she was to have all these delicious meals and that its difficult to prepare such recipes by myself. She started laughing and told all the yummy snacks she brings are made from Kellogg's and how easy peasy they are to prepare. 

She spoke more about her breakfast feast on Sundays where her mother Gupt ji would prepare black forest shake, chapatti cornflakes chivda, cornflake and veg kosmiri, Cornflake sesame dumplings and more. I started drooling already and was joyed when Shakshi invited me for breakfast the coming Sunday. 

I shouted in joy inside, "I definitely want to go to their house for nashta". The reason being they are very healthy, easy alternative to time-consuming breakfast preparations, very nutritious and loaded with lots of fiber and vitamins. 

Thanks to Sakshi and Guptaji's delicious nashta which gave me more innovative ideas to have breakfasts which can be prepared in no minutes, this changed my lifestyle to a healthy one!!!

Make sure you watch their lovely ad
Are you ready to start eating healthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your valuable comment.